It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely – about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
The Manager, SOX Internal Controls reports directly to the Director, Internal Audit and assists with the management and execution of Evolent Health’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Company’s financial as well as system IT/ITGC controls design and testing of operating effectiveness.
The Manager must be attuned to diverse and complex operations in order to add value to senior management and provide guidance throughout the organization. This is a hands-on position with interfaces with the most senior levels of management, as well as assists with the planning, conducting, and successful and timely completion of Evolent Health’s annual SOX 404 Compliance program.
The Manager must be a detailed, action, solution and results oriented and dedicated to continuous improvement. In addition, the Manager must possess the ability to manage one’s own time and resources, as well as the time of others. The Manager must also be able to maintain objectivity and provide the appropriate level of guidance to our process owners in terms of SOX 404 requirements and changes to control structure that leads to a sustainable and cost-effective program for the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Helping develop and maintain the SOX 404 Compliance framework that ensures the effort is efficient and effective for the area of responsibility. This includes taking into consideration the SEC’s guidance and the benefits of PCAOB Audit Standard #5
- Actively participating and assisting the company in the annual SOX 404 risk assessments and scoping model by collaborating with the appropriate leaders and external auditors
- Collaborating with leadership and business units to ensure that adequate internal controls are designed and documented to comply with SOX 404 and company-wide requirements. Monitoring major change in business, process and systems to ensure timely updating of controls documentation to mitigate the risks
- Assisting in developing and implementing efficient internal control testing programs to evaluate their operating effectiveness. This may include actual testing of select processes, detailed working paper review, test design, sample size guidance, exception evaluation criteria, and remediation efforts
- Managing periodic progress reporting on SOX 404 compliance efforts including status of open control deficiencies (from internal controls testing, internal audits, external audits, etc.)
- Facilitating remediation of internal control deficiencies with the appropriate process owners to ensure that issues are brought to logical closure. Helping to escalate when deficiencies are not remediated timely
- Identifying and evaluating issues and processes that may impact multiple business units. Suggesting ideas and solutions that may lead to standardized and improved processes across multiple business units
- Reviewing SOX 404 workpapers to ensure that they are clear, concise, and supported by operational facts results to justify conclusions
- Providing major input to engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement
- Communicating recommendations to process owners/management through logical, clear and concise written and oral means to gain understanding and agreement on internal controls issues and commitment to implement corrective action
- Staying abreast of changes to and best practices in SOX 404 compliance and internal controls overall (i.e., serve as a subject matter expert on internal controls related issues). Bringing such perspective to the company to continuously improve our compliance effort
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university, preferable in accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 – 7+ years for prior business experience, preferably with Big 4 or Regional public accounting firms, or with the internal audit/controls department
- At least 1 – 3+ years in a managerial/supervisory role
- Knowledge of GAAP, PCAOB, SOX 404, and COSO standards
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Significant practical experience in delineating between SOX and non-SOX controls and objectives
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills, and the ability to influence others
- Strong project management skills and experience with a proven history of results
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- CPA, CIA, CISA, and/or other relevant certifications a plus
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.