It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is seeking an Architect to join a team of highly skilled cross-functional experts to support our overall software engineering and architectural activities. On this team you will work directly with our larger Agile organization and will have a degree of autonomy to collaboratively learn, plan, design, implement, and operate modern best practices in the architecture team. Strong candidates will be comfortable working with full-stack software in and be able to implement and support infrastructure, software deployment automation (continuous integration and delivery), configuration management, and related tooling.
This position will work with minimal supervision; collaborating with the scrum teams to establish and expand on best practices, as well as coaching teams in areas of technical expertise. The ability to work independently and think creatively will be required to thrive in this role. The ability to communicate effectively within the team but as importantly across teams is critical.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Understand business requirements with the ability to translate to technical requirements
- Architect, design, and lead development efforts using technologies that span SAAS, PAAS, IAAS, and traditional on premises offerings
- Collaborate across teams inside and outside of IT as well as teams onshore and offshore
- Troubleshoot and provide necessary bug / performance fixes related to client and user reported issues
- Evangelize the development and reuse of shared components, platforms, libraries
- Lead and or participate in proof of concept or technical spikes for application engineering products to leverage new best-of-breed technologies as they become available and suit the needs of our platforms
- Comfortable in conducting presentations and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with other developers in the team
- Mentor / pair with engineering resources as needed.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple work streams based on prioritization, and adaptability to a constantly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking, and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong technical abilities with advanced data and database manipulation skills
- Experience operating, monitoring, and maintaining software / applications in production
- 12+ years of overall software and application development
- Strong experience in Microsoft .NET Technologies – specifically .NET Core C#, SQL Sever
- Strong understanding of ASP.Net, MVC, MVVM, Onion architecture and SOLID principles
- Experience in configuring and using PaaS offerings (like App Services, Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Config etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database schemas utilizing data modeling discipline
- Cloud experience with migration to Cloud platforms, and / or operating in a Hybrid environment
- Experience with microservices oriented development and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Complete understanding of SDLC management practices and methodologies with emphasis on Agile Scrum development methodology
- Build automation to handle large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management (CI/CD) using Azure DevOps (VSTS,) Docker, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
- Ability to produce and present artifacts in support of the business, architectural, and or technical direction
- Must be detailed oriented, data-centric and possess a desire to deliver high quality products
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Healthcare industry experience
- 12 years’ and above experience required
- Experience in re-architecting legacy monolithic platforms to modern Microservice-based architecture.
- Front end Development using modern technologies - specifically REACT or other SPA Frameworks
- Experience with Caching technologies – specifically Redis
- Exposure to Big Data solutions - specifically the Elastic Stack
- Understanding ANSI X12, HL7, and other data formats
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.