It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
This is a work from home (telephonic) position. This role requires Spanish fluency and an active NY State RN license (or ability to obtain one within 60 days.)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- This RN Care Manager will connect with the patients in person, on the phone, embedded (on site) in the physician offices or in the home. The RN CM will be providing face to-face interaction with patients and their care team when appropriate to improve patient care.
- Along with other members of the Population Health team, conduct comprehensive assessments that include the medical, behavioral, pharmaceutical and social needs of the patient, identify gaps in care and barriers to attaining improved health.
- Based on this assessment, and in conjunction with the patient, the patient’s physician and other members of the population health team, create and implement a care plan that will address the identified needs, remove the barriers and improve the health of the patient.
- Coordinate care by serving as the contact point, advocate and resource for the patient, their family and their physician, building effective relationships through trust, respect and communication.
- In close collaboration with the patient, primary care provider and care team you will continually assesses the patient’s knowledge of their clinical condition(s) and provide education and self-management support based on the patient’s unique learning style.
- Measure, improve and maintain quality outcomes (clinical, financial, and functional) for individual patients and the population served.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing OR 3-5 years of nursing experience, preferably in home health, ambulatory care, community, public health, MLTC, coordinating care across multiple settings and with multiple providers
- Current Registered Nurse license
- Experience in maintaining a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- CCMC (Commission for Case Manager Certification) – a plus
- Knowledge and experience teaching self-management.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, ability to positively influence others with respect and compassion; fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Strong work ethic built on a foundation of proactivity and teamwork.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with the aid of structured problem-solving techniques.
- Committed to the practice of inquiry and listening.
- Experience with electronic health records
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.