It’s Time for a Change …
Your Future Evolves Here
True Health New Mexico, a wholly owned subsidiary of Evolent Health, has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves, and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard, and often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely – about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees who live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
True Health New Mexico merged with Evolent Health on January 1, 2018 and, as an Evolent company, continues to focus on improving the health and well-being of its health plan members by making sure their care is coordinated at every level. Within the Evolent ecosystem of provider-centric solutions for value-based care, our True Health New Mexico team focuses on keeping people healthy, lowering premium costs, and delivering appropriate levels of care at the right time to help health plan members avoid unnecessary hospital stays and emergency department visits. True Health New Mexico serves small and large businesses across New Mexico. Together, Evolent and True Health New Mexico are harnessing the power of our combined organizations to improve the health of New Mexico. Join the True Health New Mexico team and put your passion to work for transforming the U.S. health care landscape for patients, providers, and payers.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
You will be working on the Sales team.
What You’ll Be Doing
Sales works with every department in the company, as every aspect of health plan operations affects sales and service. You will be expected to work with these departments to find solutions for our insured members’ problems. The Sales team is often the first and the last contact a member has with the Company, so you will also be in direct contact with our members.
- Has strong communication, people, and networking skills.
- Can think on your feet and relate to different people.
- Is goal-oriented and competitive: can set and achieve realistic goals with a desire to be the best, surpass others, and break records.
- Wants to grow personally and professionally, expand your comfort zone, learn new skills, and develop your leadership abilities.
- Has effective time-management skills; self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Is solution-oriented: able to listen to the customer and provide value-added services based on the customer’s needs.
- Is coachable and willing to learn new skills and operating procedures.
- Displays passion about the products and services being provided both to potential customers and their employees.
- Willing and able to treat book of business as your own company, including writing, implementing, and updating market analysis and strategic business plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meets new business production goals and objectives as established.
- Solicits for new business via telephone, networking, and other lead sources.
- Develops insurance quotes, makes sales presentations, and closes sales.
- Develops ongoing networking relationships across all industries in New Mexico.
- Treats each customer contact as a cross and up-sell opportunity including financial products.
- Designs and implements effective marketing strategies to sell new insurance contracts or adjust existing ones.
- Contacts potential clients and create rapport by networking, cold-calling, using referrals, etc.
- Appraises the wishes and demands of business or individual customers and sells the suitable protection plans.
- Collects information from clients on their risk profiles in order to offer the proper solution.
- Prepares reports to shareholders on the success of your business endeavors.
- Retains continuous awareness of transactions, sales and terms and keep relative records.
- Checks insurance claims to solidify trust and safeguard reputation.
- Frequently replenishes job-specific knowledge and applies it on the field.
- Fulfills all company-established policy obligations.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Current New Mexico insurance license in life/health.
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the health insurance industry.
- Solid knowledge of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA/ACA), HIPAA, NCQA, and other regulatory initiatives that impact health insurance payers.
- Ability to leverage peer relationships within an organization.
- Ability to direct and manage a project plan and detailed task list for implementation.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of Company and vendor functions and individuals.
- Ability to perform duties under deadline pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to perform effectively when changes in priorities, direction, and resources occur.
- Strong time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Proven skills in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to travel (overnight travel is required).
- Valid driver’s license.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of underwriting practices and procedures.
- Project management experience.
- Bilingual speaking, writing, and reading skills.
Evolent Health is an equal-opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.