Senior Analyst, OPA
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Performance Analytics Analyst will work on a team Analysts, Senior Analysts, and Associate Directors & Directors dedicated to improving and optimizing the back office operations for our Health Plan clients. The analyst will conduct analyses and develop actionable reports on diverse projects and problems related to SLA metrics, operations productivity & performance, system audits & improvement plans, root cause issue analysis & proposed solutions etc.
The analyst will also have regular opportunities to work directly and collaboratively with the functional leaders/teams and other key stakeholders in this fast paced and dynamic environment and will analyze data of current process & procedures to find ways to improve operations. The role involves building dashboards, standard reports, ad-hoc reports to monitor SLAs for system wellness.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required)
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree preferably with a quantitative major (e.g. actuarial, statistics, operations research, engineering, mathematics, economics) or healthcare (health administration, epidemiology, public health, biology)
• 1-5 years of professional experience including recent work with SAS, STATA, SQL, or R (SAS preferred) or graduate school level experience in the same focus areas laid out above
• Must have experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced), Microsoft Access (advanced) or other programming language (preferably SAS)
• 1+ year of claims, provider and/or eligibility background
• Independent thinker with the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with varying timelines
• Willingness to develop and explore new approaches, adapt, and execute quickly and be comfortable with ambiguous project outlines
• Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different organizations and personalities
• Exceptionally strong analytical abilities, with track record of identifying insights from quantitative and qualitative data
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrates professionalism and excels at distilling complex data into digestible messages for the client
Finishing Touches (Preferred)
• Experience working with healthcare claims data or supporting health plan back office functions strongly preferred
• Experiencce with Microstrategy or other BI preferred
• Growth mindset with a desire to expand SAS/SQL technical skills, health care knowledge and mastering new BI applications for reporting
• Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Physical demand: Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.