It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. We bring our whole selves to work and we’re driven to make a difference every day, from the work we do in our roles to the charitable endeavors we support. We believe in starting by listening, communicating with candor, fostering inclusion and owning the opportunity. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. Whether we’re wearing scrubs, jeans or our finest work-from-home chic, we have fun, work hard and make time to help others.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 100% score on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, making us one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ employees. We were also named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org and we publish an annual Diversity Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace and performing on various metrics. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
You will be working in IT Production Operations team where your colleagues are engaged in integration engineering, database administration, service management, release management and production monitoring functions. You will be a change champion, process enforcer, culture creator/sustainer, problem solver and resource educator. Must be action oriented and have the capability to change direction as the demands of maintaining the ever-evolving landscape that is Production Operations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will own the environment calendar and coordinate environment usage and status communication for critical applications and services
- You will be accountable for coordinating with senior level leaders within IT and business operations
- You will be responsible for working within the Environment Management team to manage environment refresh requests, build requests, change requests, environment conflict and dependencies
- You will be own the process for tracking and maintaining client environment activities
- You will be accountable for coordinating and tracking hotfix requests, addressing fire lane items, as well detail coordination of patches and service pack deployments
- You will manage and keep all documentation and interfaces related to release & environment management up to date
- You will be responsible for making sure all change requests are compliant with process and requirements
- You will help architect and implement automated processes to increase efficiency of deployment
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- A minimum of 7+ years of insight into production administration and/or release engineering
- Strong capacity for growing and maintaining team culture and engagement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving, analytical and organizational skills are key attributes
- Ability to understand application architecture including upstream and downstream data flows
- Knowledge in operationalizing build and test tools
- Familiarity in build, refresh & reuse of lower environments
- Initiative to look for efficiency gains, process improvements, and learning opportunities
- Flexibility - evening and weekend work may be needed
- Accustomed to a globally dispersed software product organization
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps, PowerShell, Jenkins, CHEF and other automation platforms
- Understanding of Information Security principles
- SQL Server
- JIRA (or similar ticketing system)
- Healthcare industry knowledge
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.