What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join our Performance Management team. The Sr. Project Manager will manage a diverse collection of projects to drive strategic alignment, business improvement, and operational impact. The Sr. Project Manager will manage the entire lifecycle of the project from Planning to Closing. The Sr. Project Manager will employ standard templates and processes of the Project Management office and help socialize and champion the use of them across the organization.
- This position is responsible for managing projects for Health Plan Services initiatives. Projects may be related to business process/technology initiatives, change management, and other projects that align to the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Define a scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Manage project meetings with a geographically diverse organization.
- Develop and execute project plans across various groups within the organization and with external business partners.
- Maintain necessary documents, including but not limited to project plans, issues and action logs, status reporting, and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrate and help socialize project management best practices through our tools and processes.
- Inform and optimize organizational decision-making, operational execution, and resource allocation based on data and sound reasoning.
- Facilitate identification of project impacts across all business areas.
- Support business areas when roadblocks are encountered and aid in successful removal of obstacles (escalating where appropriate).
- Perform project closing activities to ensure a seamless transition to business owners in addition to gathering lessons learned for continuous improvement.
- Location is Chicago based but qualified candidates with the ability to travel 10-25% will also be considered.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of project or program management experience in healthcare
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience working on a virtual team
- Experience with budgets, forecasts and workforce projections
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Extremely strong collaboration skills, having demonstrated an ability to identify, communicate and manage risks in a dynamic environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification