It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—about 50% growth from 2015 through late 2019. Are we recognized? Definitely. Evolent was the first organization ever to receive NCQA’s Population Health Program Accreditation, and is consistently recognized as one of the Becker’s Healthcare 150 Top Places to Work. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Under the supervision of the Sr. Director/Director of Evolent Health Services (EHS) Training & Development, the Instructional Specialist will develop and assist in the development of training materials, exercises and structured activities for existing and new markets. Courses are designed to develop exceptional operational team members. The Instructional Specialist will facilitate in person and virtual classes for all training needs for existing staff and new hires in the Call Center. Additionally, they are responsible for the evaluation of training effectiveness, identification of knowledge gaps, recommendation of training solutions to address identified training opportunities, collaboration with Call Center leadership to determine desired results and creation of action plans to produce them. The Instructional Specialist is also accountable to support departmental and organizational initiatives.
This position’s main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate instructor-led classroom and virtual training using a variety of training methods, tools, and software programs
- Develop and maintain training materials which include but are not limited to Power Point presentations, job aids, training guides, CSR reference tool.
- Provide input and influence for the scope and sequence of the course curriculum, training agenda and facilitator guide.
- Develop an HPS page for the new market and add all training documents and links to support agents and Operations.
- For new implementations, collaborate with key stakeholders across multiple functional areas/departments including the Project Manager and Business Leaders to research, problem solve and facilitate the development of new training material in order to meet all regulatory and compliance standards outlined in the contract and BRDs (Business Requirement Document).
- Plan, conduct, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive training program for staff. Training components will be geared toward new hires, existing staff and individuals who seek one-on-one assistance.
- Implement and modify training program to include customer service etiquette, communication skills, listening skills, de-escalation skills, and call center policies and procedures
- Report individuals’ progress and identify additional training needs
- Conduct training on product releases, support tools, processes and policy updates
- Silent monitoring of new employees during training period
The Skills You Need (Required):
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and methodologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to manage group discussion and dialogue
- Ability to conduct effective and engaging presentations in a variety of delivery settings
- Comfort using a variety of communication methods
- Knowledge of managed care processes and health insurance coverage
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to understand complex situations to effectively handle escalated customer needs
- Analytical skills and the ability to read and interpret data
- Abilities in problem solving and research
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Some travel may be involved.
The Experience You Need:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a call center
- Prior experience in Customer Service in a Managed Care Organization
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the healthcare industry
- Minimum 1-year leading presentations for both small and large groups
- Minimum 1-year training content development
- Maintenance of electronic document management solutions like SharePoint
Finishing Touches (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience as a Customer Service Trainer or Instructional Designer
- Abilities in curriculum development and design
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.