The recent CMS proposed rule on the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization ACT—also known as MACRA— is the strongest push yet toward risk-based payment models. MACRA lays out two reimbursement tracks for physicians in Medicare fee-for-service: the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs). The MACRA proposed rule has left many health system leaders wondering what this means for their system. Which track is right for us? Are our physicians ready? What action do we need to take? Tackling these questions can be overwhelming without a good understanding of the proposed rule and the possible paths forward.
Join us for a complimentary webinar with Evolent Health’s policy experts to make sense of the new ruling and begin to plan your path forward.
What you’ll learn:
- The top 5 things you need to know about the new rule related to MACRA, MIPS and APMs
- How the proposed MACRA rule will impact health systems and physicians, including those participating in or considering joining existing Medicare payment models such as MSSP and Next Generation ACO
- What you can do today to set your system up for success with MACRA
- Chris Dawe, Principal, Transformation
- Chris Dawe is a Principal on Evolent's Transformation team and chair of the policy pillar. Prior to joining Evolent, Chris was the Health Care Policy Advisor at the National Economic Council at the White House. In his role, he coordinated the implementation of the Affordable Care Act for President Obama’s economic team, with a particular focus on health system improvement and health issues in the federal budget debate.
- Caitlin Sweany, Director, Transformation
- Caitlin partners with health systems to implement value-based care and understand the implications of major policy decisions. Prior to Evolent, she was a founding member of PwC’s healthcare regulatory center. She has an MPH from Columbia.